Saturday, April 16, 2005

Google Maps

Google now has a mapping service where you can find locations of businesses, directions on how to get there, as well as satellite views of the location. Try doing the search "Statue of Liberty in New York" and google will take you to the map near the building. It won't point to the building because it's not a business. Zoom in a little and you should see Liberty State Park in the middle. Keep zooming in on Liberty Island and then switch to satellite view. The link is at the top right corner. And you have the Statue of Liberty. How cool is that!


Unfortunately the search is only limited to the States and Canada. I can't wait till maps are out on the rest of the world. I know I'll be doing a search on where I live when the Brisbane map comes out.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Better still, have a walk around where you live and see the real thing!

Cindy said...

It's the different perspective that makes this soo cool. How often do you get a satellite view of what your house looks like?

Anonymous said...

sounds interesting

Anonymous said...

I've seen one and it didn't particularly arrest me.