Thursday, May 12, 2005

Big bug

Leopards stage 2 is now in its final days of testing and as usual, there's a mad rush to get as many defects out before all the contractors go away.

Yesterday I devoted myself completely to deployment. I did 8 builds/migrations and am pretty sure that I have broken the record. I have also come to the conclusion that we are in great need of a better, more efficient process.

Today is mostly UAT so only one build was done. But just as I was planning to go home early today (at 5pm) , I got a request for one more build, at 4pm. Now that really ruined my afternoon! So off I went and got started. Then about 5 minutes into it, I heard someone talking about a big bug in the testing pod. I was instantly gratified, because that meant I can leave the build till the bug gets fixed and that won't be until tomorrow. Yay! Poor M though cause he had to stay and get it fixed before he goes home on a plane on Saturday.

No comments: