Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Canberra

Went to Canberra last week. It was warm and beautiful with the tree lined streets and pink blossoms. Yes the weather was abnormal when I got there but that's good for me.

Deb took me up to Mt Ainslie at night and the view was beautiful. Pity I didn't take a decent picture because my hands were shaking so much (partly from the rain and wind). The ones I did take looks like there were fireworks going on.

I did a few things I've never done before when I was down there. Taking a proper browse inside a second hand book store was one.

I think I would've liked to study at ANU. Canberra is so quiet and laid back (I was there on a weekend, can't really tell what the weekdays are like). I can get so focused there.

The ACS conferece was excellent with top speakers from the high end of town. I'll have a lot of work to do for the Brisbane one now that there is a benchmark set. I've also been given some pressure already to get 250-300 delegates hmmmm...

No comments: